POLICE MOTORCYCLE OPERATOR TRAINING
Must be a member of MLEOA to attend. If you are not a member, Click Here.
This intensive 80-hour program will develop the coordination, skill and confidence necessary for the student to operate a police motorcycle safely and efficiently. It will cover:
Slow speed maneuvering
Defensive driving techniques
Law enforcement techniques
Throughout the program, the student rider will be continually evaluated. Upon successful completion of the course, students will have demonstrated their ability to use all the defensive riding techniques and manual skills they have learned, and will be fully prepared for on-the-job training within their agency.
Students are REQUIRED to bring the following to class:
• Police Motorcycle and valid motorcycle endorsement from student’s state of residence.
• Eye wear (wrap-around lenses recommended)
• Full-fingered gloves
• Above the ankle lace up boots
• DOT or SNELL certified helmet ("3/4 Shell" recommended)
• Rain gear (with the exception of dangerous conditions, students will ride rain or shine)
• Other desired protective clothing
Lodging will be available at the Southern Regional Public Safety Institute at Camp Shelby. Participants are responsible for all lodging and meals.
Lodging (includes meals) - $60 per night
Meals only - $8 per meal
No meals available Sat/Sun
Participants wanting lodging should contact SRPSI directly at 601-266-6680 (www.usm.edu/srpsi) to make reservations. Payments for lodging will be made to SRPSI and not MLEOA.
For additional information, please contact 1st Vice President Chad Young.
P.O. Box 534
Southaven, MS 38671